A 501.c3 Non-Profit Organization
International Aid, Inc.
©2013 MissionServ International Aid, Inc. All Rights Reserved
The Green Solution: The Green Brick
3. Acoustic & thermal insulation: The two holes serve for acoustic and thermal insulation;
4. Humidity protection & temperature control: The holes in the bricks serve as vents for humidity and heat, therefore acting as small chimneys conducting the hot air and humidity up towards the ceiling, keeping the internal temperature in it more pleasant;
5. Support/Reinforcement: The holes in the bricks, serve as structural columns. Iron bars are placed in specific locations and filled with concrete making it very secure particularly in earthquake regions. The benefit of having this directly in the bricks, saves time and money, eliminating the need for plywood channels for the concrete columns to be built. Horizontal bond beams are also installed the same way.
i. Positive characteristics of projects involving The Green Bricks:
• Economy of materials at the building sites;
• Reduction in the environmental impact;
• Involvement of the community in the production of the bricks and stacking of the walls, reducing its cost;
• Labor training in production and construction with The Green Bricks;
• Labor cost reduction in the construction of houses;
• Superior quality of popular housing.
Previous I Next page